Configuring DNS on domain controllers

Outline :

There are various ways you can trip yourself up when you set up and configure Active Directory for your organization. Misconfigured settings, inadequate maintenance procedures, and other mistakes can result in consequences that can range from poor performance to unsupportability. My goal in this series of articles is to highlight some of the more common mistakes made in configuring, managing and maintaining Active Directory environments running supported versions of Windows Server. Many of the insights and recommendations that I’ll be sharing in these articles have been gathered from communications with various colleagues who are IT administrators or consultants working in the field. Some of the suggestions were also contributed by various experts I know who work at Microsoft Corporation.

However, it’s important that you understand that I’m only offering my own personal suggestions in these articles, for official recommendations, you should always consult Microsoft TechNet or articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base or some other Microsoft collateral. So please take everything in these articles “as is” with no warranties or guarantees.